file000891404027Last week’s post touched on “mothering” by folks who may not technically be mothers (or fathers), and how this can give rise to third party actions for custody or visitation of children involved.  The alternative custody and visitation area of law is certainly not as clear-cut and established as is the parental custody area.  It is good news that parties and potential parties can now seek advice and assistance (including forms) from the Ramsey County Family Court Self-Help Center, but people might still have questions and need more information.  What can a person expect in such a court action?  What kind of parenting realities does a non-parent seeking custody have to be aware of?  Fortunately there are a few resources to help with these informational needs. 


Leave a Reply